Update on my little sweetie pie

So heres a long awaited updated on little Cole, hes gorgeous hes beautiful and hes so much more than I could ever have dreamed of. His first week around was very overwhelming from going straight into ICU within in an hour of him being born and then straight onto the bililights I was wondering if I was going to bond with him the way you "should", I was a mess the first week crying all the time and I guess you could say I had the baby blues - how weird from someone who was TTC but I guess hormones play a major role which I clearly had no control over. I found everything overwhelming and I guess I was just worried that I was doing everything correctly after getting so many opinions and advise u kind of dont know where to turn and who to listen to but one thing I regret is not listening to myself more easpecially in those first few days when nurses were trying to get me to do what they wanted. Lol and also not going out and buying everything everyone told me to hehe I now have so many bottles, breast pumps etc.. that I just dont think I will be using.

His 10 day check up went well and the Dr was happy with his progress and gave him something for his snotty nose (not that its helped) but anyway all was good the last weekend he was extremely niggly screaming and crying all the time till eventually I took him back to the Dr she weighed him and we noticed that he hasnt put on a gram since his birth he only weighs 3kg so she has recommended that we give him top up feeds of formula at the end of every feed as it seems hes a bit of a lazy drinker and not getting enough - so once again goes against everything I have read and learnt that breastfeeding is enough but I guess who am I to argue so we trying this out and hopefully he will get some fat on him, I must say though since I have been doing this the last 2 days his screaming has stopped so guess and hope its working!!

Motherhood is definitely harder that I expected but it definitely gets easier everyday, my heart just skips a beat when a friend says he looks for me when Im not holding him or he responds to my voice that just makes it all worth it : )

Popular Posts