Tuckers Fund Raising

HI Everyone
I have been helping a friend of mine Tucker to get a corporate sponsorship for a basketball wheelchair but have had no luck so far, SOOOOO I was thinking if everyone in this email/blog/facebook donated R100 he would be able to buy his specially made wheelchair as it only costs R20 000 so Im asking everyone if they can spare a R100 and contribute it would go such a long way. I would also like to keep this a surprise for him so those of you who know him please dont say a word until we hand over the money, for those who dont know him this is for such a great cause and R100 would go so far for him!!
My Banking Details:
L Reid
Savings account: 9056930979
Bank: ABSA
Branch Code: 632005
Ref: Tucker/Your Name

Here are the details for those who do not know him:
My name is Tucker Beckett, I am a T7/8 paraplegic, due to an unfortunate motor bike accident, December 1998. I have been involved in sport all my life , and even after my accident I have not let my disability limit my sporting choices. I now have the opportunity to join the Bladerunners (Pretoria based Wheelchair Basketball Club) and have been training with the team since January 2008. However, I require a special wheelchair to be able to compete in the official games and take this sport further. The cost of the chair, which has to be specifically made for me, is about R 20 000. Any contribution or sponsorship towards the cost of this wheelchair would be highly appreciated.
Background (www.basketball.co.za)
Wheelchair Basketball SA was established in 1970 under the Mandeville Wheelchair Basketball Team, it has evolved into a Section 21 company in 2004. The club, Bladerunners, started with five players and a coach but quickly grew to a full team of 12 players. The Bladerunners was the first club in South Africa to obtain sponsorship from a company (Eagle Industrial). In 1998 the SuperSport series started and Bladerunners managed to get to the quarter finals. They won the SuperSport series from 2001-2003 without loosing one game. The team has produced four paralympians and seven national players.

Let me know if any of you have any further queries

Popular Posts